Sterling High School
Founded in 1896 by Rev. D.M. Minus and called Greenville Academy, this school was first located in West Greenville. In 1902, it moved and was then renamed Sterling Industrial College after Mrs. E.R. Sterling, who had financed Rev. Minus’ education at Claflin University. The school closed briefly but reopened in 1915 as Enoree High School. In 1929, it was bought by the county school district and renamed Sterling. The building burned in September, 1967. Marker erected by the Greenville County Historical Commission and the Sterling High School Association, 2007.
KEYWORDS: GREENVILLE ACADEMY, CLAFLIN UNIVERSITY, GREENVILLE COUNTY