Original Scott’s Branch School
Originally formed as the Taw Caw School of Taw Caw Baptist Church, Scott’s Branch High School served African American students in Summerton. The first building was located beside St. Mark AME Church in front of a brook called Scott’s Branch and changed the name from Taw Caw to reflect its location. The first building burned down, and parents raised funds to replace it with a two-story building and auditorium. When this building burnt in 1937, the county rebuilt at the site of the present Scott’s Branch Middle School.