Ninety Six Colored School
Built between 1927 and 1932, this was a combined elementary and high school through the 1951-52 school year and an elementary school through the 1955-56 school year. It was a six-room frame building, with a small frame lunchroom nearby. Six to eight teachers taught grades 1-7 and 8-11 until grade 12 was added in 1947-48. The school closed in 1956. Marker sponsored by the Historic 96 Development Association, 2014.
KEYWORDS: SEGREGATION, NINETY SIX, GREENWOOD COUNTY