Mt. Olive Baptist Church, Georgetown
This church was founded in 1866 by Rev. James Smalls who was its pastor for many years. The congregation, which built the sanctuary here on land owned by the Gospel Harp Society, grew to more than 100 members by 1903. In 1914 church trustees purchased this property from the trustees of the Gospel Harp Society. The brick sanctuary was built in 1920 and it features elaborate stained glass windows. The building is no longer used. Marker erected by the Georgetown Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, 2001.
KEYWORDS: BAPTIST, GEORGETOWN, GULLAH GEECHEE CULTURAL HERITAGE CORRIDOR