Matoon Presbyterian Church
This church is a part of the Hampton-Pinckney Historic District and is in one of Greenville’s oldest neighborhoods. The congregation was organized in 1878 and this building was constructed in 1887. The ground floor originally held a parochial school for African American students in the first through the ninth grades, which had been discontinued by 1930.
KEYWORDS: NATIONAL REGISTER, GREENVILLE