Loris Training School
This Rosenwald school opened in 1928 and was the first for black students in Loris and other nearby communities. When the school closed in 1955 its students were transferred to the Finklea Consolidated High School, where George C. Cooper (1915-1991) served as principal until it closed with desegregation in 1970. This historical marker was erected by the Finklea High/ Loris Training Schools Alumni Association in 2008.
KEYWORDS: ROSENWALD, LORIS, HORRY COUNTY, GULLAH GEECHEE CULTURAL HERITAGE CORRIDOR