Lexington Rosenwald School
Like other Rosenwald schools built in the rural landscapes of South Carolina, this one was constructed (in 1928-29) for the African American children of the district. More than $7,000 was raised in the community to combine with the Rosenwald appropriation of $1,200. The school was built on four acres and was served by five teachers. The building was updated in 1953, and the wings and library were added in 1955. When the district integrated in 1969, the building became Lexington Intermediate School. Today, it is the Rosenwald Community Learning Center for Lexington County School District 1.