Great Pee Dee Presbyterian Church / Pee Dee Missionary Baptist Church
This church, built in 1834, was organized by Rev. Archibald McQueen and is the oldest church building in Marlboro County. Notable features include its cupola and the fanlights over the entrance. It was the mother church for Bennettsville (1855) and Blenheim Presbyterian (1888), and was replaced by those churches. In 1891 the church was sold to black Baptists who renamed it Pee Dee Union Baptist Church. It was later renamed Pee Dee Missionary Baptist Church. Rev. Furman D. Peterkin, its first pastor, served here to 1927. This church, remodeled in 1945, was replaced by New Pee Dee Missionary Baptist Church, built in 2008.
KEYWORDS: MONROE CROSSROADS, MARLBORO COUNTY, BAPTIST