Dixie Training School
The first public African American school in Moncks Corner was founded in1880. The three-room school was built 1918-1920 with funds raised locally by the community and from the Julius Rosenwald Foundation. The school first included grades 1-11, and became Berkeley Training High School in the 1930s. The school stood here from 1920 until the 1980s.
KEYWORDS: MONCKS CORNER, BERKELEY COUNTY, ROSENWALD SCHOOL