Bethel AME Church, Georgetown
The first pastor of this c. 1865 church was Rev. Augustus Z. Carr. The present church building, constructed in 1882 of wood, is located approximately 100 feet from the original site. The brick Gothic Revival building, remodeled in 1908, features two square crenelated towers on the front and Gothic-arched window and door openings. Included in the Georgetown Historic District.
KEYWORDS: NATIONAL REGISTER, GEORGETOWN COUNTY, GULLAH-GEECHEE CULTURAL HERITAGE CORRIDOR