Allison Creek Presbyterian Church / African American Graveyard
This church was founded in 1854 by residents of the Clay Hill community on Allison Creek, who were members of Bethel (1769) and Ebenezer (c. 1785) Presbyterian churches. They built this church soon afterwards, on land donated by J.D. Currence. Rev. J.R. Baird, the first pastor here, served until 1866. A graveyard just east of the church cemetery was begun in the 1850s for both slave and free black members. Used until c. 1896, it contains about 300 graves, 14 with engraved stones and the rest marked by field stones or unmarked. After 1865 black members of Allison Creek left to form Union Baptist (1892), Liberty Hill AME Zion (1896), and New Home AME Zion (1897).